TEM Disc Cutter
The Gatan Disc Punch System cuts TEM (Transmission Electron Microscope) discs from metals, alloys and ductile materials.
- Sample protected from compression, with unique piston-rim design
- Sharp cut edge and easy to remove punched discs, with exact fit cutting and support pistons.
- Strong and rigid for long term precision and reliability.
- Easy to see and remove punched area/disc.
- Fast, single motion multiple punching.
Cut specimen discs 3mm in diameter, with thicknesses of 10 µm to over 100 µm, ready for TEM analysis.
Suitable for a Variety of Materials
The Disc Punch has been tested on the following materials, punching repeatedly with little or no mechanical distortion:
- Membrane filter – 10 μm thick
- Aluminum foil – 20 μm thick
- Copper foil – 50 μm thick
- Paper – 100 μm thick
- Razor blade – 230 μm thick
- Aluminum sheet – 400 μm thick
- PIPS Precision Ion Polishing System
- PECS Precision Etching and Coating System
- Solarus advanced plasma cleaning system
- Disc grinder
- Dimple grinder
- Ultrasonic cutter