Broad argon ion beam system for polishing and coating samples
[alert type=”info” close=”false”]See the PECS II in action!
Contact us to arrange a demonstration or a trial using your samples.[/alert]
The PECS II is an automated sample preparation system for SEM, SPM, EDS, EBSD, CL and EBIC.
Prepare damage-free surfaces, cross-sections and deposit coatings to protect or eliminate charging.
- Polish, etch and coat samples without interrupting the vacuum.
- Etch at voltages as low as 100 V for fast, damage free surfaces.
- Suitable for samples up to 32 mm diameter.
- Transfer samples to your SEM/FIB or glovebox without exposure to air (optional).
- Digital zoom microscope for real-time monitoring
- Analyse images in Gatan’s DigitalMicrograph software.
- Easy touchscreen operation.
Example: Remove Oxide Layers from Alloys
In this example, the PECS II was used to get better EBSD results from magnesium alloy by removing the layer of oxidation. More details…
Optional Cooling Stage
An optional temperature-controlled liquid nitrogen cooling stage is available. Together with Gatan’s patented WhisperLok system, which lets you load and unload samples without venting the main chamber, you can prevent melting and structural changes caused by heat, which can be a problem with conventional milling processes.
These short videos show how to load, adjust and remove samples, and how to coat and polish: