UPDATE: Due to the current situation with COVID-19, for everyone’s safety EMC 2020 has been cancelled.
EMC 2020 is on 23-28 August 2020 at The Bella Center, Copenhagen in Denmark.
Blue Scientific provides a range of market-leading scientific instruments for microscopy in the UK and Nordic region. For more information or quotes, please get in touch.
EMC 2020 website
View our product range
Contact us on +44 (0)1223 422 269 or email@example.comFollow @blue_scientific
EMC 2020 is the European Microscopy Congress, a scientific conference hosted by Scandem on 23-28 August 2020 at The Bella Center in Copenhagen, Denmark. The event is organised by the Royal Microscopical Society with the support of the EMS and IFSM.
There will be a large exhibition and a conference with at least 6-8 parallel sessions each day. The programme will cover a wide and varied range of topics, aiming to interest anyone whose work or studies are related to microscopy.
- Phase sensitive methods with photons and electrons
- Imaging quantum phenomena
- Live and fast super-resolution – frontiers in imaging of ultra-fast processes
- Artificial intelligence in big data analysis, and computational microscopy
- Cutting edge advanced sample preparation
- The lab in the microscope: in situ, in vivo, in operando, and multi-modal microscopy.
- Moritz Helmstaedter (Max Planck Institute for Brain Research, DE)
- Carolynn Larabell (University of California, San Francisco, US)
- John Rodenburg (University of Sheffield, UK)
- Claus Ropers (University of Göttingen, DE)
- Frances Ross (MIT, US)
- Roland Wiesendanger (University of Hamburg, DE)
Present Your Research
Contributions to the programme are welcome from scientists from all around the world. The conference aims to present the latest research in life sciences, physical sciences and engineering in all microscopy and imaging techniques. Submissions are welcome from students, early career and established researchers.
Scientific Imaging Competition
Showcase your images in the Scientific Imaging Competition – now open for entries. There are several categories:
- Electron Microscopy – Life Sciences
- Electron Microscopy – Physical Sciences
- Light Microscopy – Life Sciences
- Light Microscopy – Physical Sciences
- Scanning Probe Microscopy
- Short Video
Shortlisted images will be displayed at EMC 2020, along with a prize-giving ceremony.
UPDATE: Due to COVID-19, EMC 2020 has been cancelled, in the interests of everyone’s safety.
The conference will be at The Bella Center in Copenhagen, Denmark:
BlueScientific Instruments for Microscopy
Due to COVID-19, we will no longer be attending EMC 2020. However, if you’d like more information about our portfolio of instruments for microscopy, please get in touch by phone or email:
Gatan Systems for Electron Microscopes
- SEM/TEM cameras
- Imaging systems
- Sample preparation systems
Bruker Nano Surface Analysis
- 3D optical surface profilers
- Stylus profilers
- Tribology testing
- Nanomechanical testing
Photothermal Spectroscopy Corp IR + Raman
Pioneering technique that overcomes the greatest limitations of infrared:
- Sub-micron IR spectroscopy and imaging
- No need for thin sections
- None of the dispersive artifacts and contact limitations of ATR
Blue Scientific provides market-leading scientific instruments for materials science and microscopy in the Nordic region and the UK. We’re available to answer all your questions – just get in touch: