Job Vacancy: Sales Engineer, Nordic Region
Position: Sales Engineer, Nordic Region
Territory: Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Iceland
Products: X-ray Diffraction (XRD), Single Crystal Diffraction (SCD), X-ray Fluorescence (XRF), Optical Emission Spectroscopy (OES), Combustion Gas Analysis (CGA)
Location: Field based / Home office in territory, ideally close to a major airport.
BlueScientific is a dynamic, rapidly growing business specializing in the sales and service of market-leading scientific instrumentation for research, development and process control applications in both academic and industrial markets across the UK, Ireland and Nordic region (Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Norway and Iceland).
Due to continued high growth, we are now seeking to appoint a highly motivated individual to the position of Sales Engineer, Nordic Region. The position is for home-based working with flexibility on the base location, but with potential coverage for several of the Nordic countries and therefore some travel will be required. There is already a well-established revenue stream for the relevant products in the region, which we are seeking to further grow through this appointment.
As territory sales engineer you are responsible for sales of certain products within the company’s portfolio of scientific instrumentation across the territory. All tasks are related to managing the sales of these particular products in the region and more specifically, achieving the sales bookings targets. This is to be achieved via proactive management of the sales process including:
- Prospecting for new business and following up on new and existing enquiries e.g. through telephone calls, online video meetings, customer visits, presentations, seminars, workshops and attendance at tradeshows and conferences.
- Provide consultation and guidance regarding customers’ applications, ensuring correct products are provided to meet needs and exceed expectations in line with corporate aspirations.
- Use the customer relationship management (CRM) software to plan ahead and make efficient use of time and company resources in order to achieve the principal responsibilities.
- Manage the sales cycle and buying processes to conclusion and use the CRM system to assist this and maintain records, to enable accurate sales forecasting
- Negotiating and closing orders to exceed quarterly and annual sales targets.
We believe the successful candidate will hold a physical or life sciences degree to at least Bachelor level and will have proven achievement of sales targets and objectives in a sales role for a minimum of two years. Preferably you have had exposure to materials characterization instruments, specifically X-ray Fluorescence (XRF), Optical Emission Spectroscopy (OES), Combustion Gas Analysis (CGA). Most importantly the successful candidate will;
- Be target-driven, competitive and highly self-motivated with a natural “will-to-win”
- Be Customer focused.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills particularly the ability to listen and quickly understand customer requirements and priorities.
- Have strong time management and prioritization skills
- Be open to coaching and personal development and also be able to assimilate & apply new product information quickly and efficiently.
Some degree of travel throughout the territory will be required.
Established in 2013, BlueScientific Ltd is a distributor of market leading scientific instruments, selling into Nordic countries as well as the UK and Ireland. Headquartered in Cambridge UK, with employees in Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Norway and the UK for a number of the World’s leading manufacturers, including Bruker, Ametek and Thermo Fisher; We serve both industrial and academic customers across a range of applications, including materials science, energy storage, surface analysis and life sciences.
We are an ambitious, dynamic and fast-growing business, and offer a supportive work environment for our employees, with excellent opportunities for career development. The ethos of the company, which operates under strong ethical terms, is one of developing our personnel, with coaching, training and career growth opportunities as well as empowering them to be able to give great customer service. BlueScientific offers a flexible position in a dynamic work environment, together with a highly competitive benefits package.
How to Apply
Send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, please get in touch. No agencies please.