Spring SciX 2020 – 6-9 April 2020 – CANCELLED
UPDATE: Due to the continued spread of SARS-CoV-2 (the cause of COVID-19), Spring SciX 2020 has been cancelled.
Visit us at Spring SciX 2020 on 6-9 April 2020 at the University of Liverpool.
SciX is a scientific conference about analytical chemistry for both established researchers and early career researchers.
Blue Scientific is the official distributor for Photothermal Spectroscopy Corp in the UK and Nordic area (Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Iceland). For more information or quotes, please get in touch.
Take a look at our range
SciX 2020 conference website
Contact us on +44 (0)1223 422 269 or email@example.comFollow @blue_scientific
Spring SciX 2020
Spring SciX is an analytical chemistry conference. The programme will cover emerging research topics related to: molecular spectroscopy, Raman Spectroscopy, mass spectrometry, infrared (IR) spectroscopy, surface plasmon resonance (SPR), process analytical chemistry, fluorescence, bioanalytical and biomedical and analytical sciences.
The event also provides a platform for early career researchers to share their work and present their ideas for the future of the field. Both established researchers and early career researchers are welcomed, with the aim of establishing career mentors.
Monday 6th April 2020
- 11am – Registration opens
- Welcome and presentations from 1pm
- Exhibition and poster session
- Drinks reception in the evening at the Victoria Gallery and Museum
Tuesday 7th April 2020
- Exhibition and poster session
Wednesday 8th April 2020
- Drinks reception and gala dinner at The Merseyside Maritime Museum
Thursday 9th April 2020
- Prizes and closing remarks
- Close at 1pm
The full programme with times for all sessions is available on the SciX website.
The themes for the oral presentation sessions are below. They’ll run in parallel so you can choose the sessions most relevant to your area of interest.
- Frontiers in spectroscopy
- Frontiers in mass spectrometry
- Informatics for the omics
- Imaging spectroscopy and nano-IR
- CLIRSPEC session
- SAS session
- Chemometrics for PAT
- IRDG session
- VOCs for health and disease
- Molecular spectroscopy for pharmaceuticals
- MS imaging
Due to the continued spread of SARS-CoV-2 (the cause of COVID-19), Spring SciX 2020 has been cancelled.
Submit your abstract for consideration to present your work at SciX as an oral presentation and/or a poster. Guidelines are available here.
The deadline for abstracts is 29th February 2020. You can submit your abstract on the SciX website.
The conference will be held in the Central Teaching Hub at the University of Liverpool:
Blue Scientific at SciX
Visit our booth in the exhibition to find out more about our O-PTIR systems and simultaneous IR and Raman from Photothermal Spectroscopy Corp:
mIRage IR microscope
- Overcomes the greatest limitations of infrared
- Sub-micron spatial resolution
- Measure thick samples in reflection mode
- None of the dispersive artifacts or contact limitations of ATR
Come and see us at the conference, or if you have any questions about the mIRage IR microscope or any other systems from our portfolio, please get in touch: