- Collection, Use and Processing of your Personal Information
a) How we Collect your Information
b) What Information we Collect About You
c) How we Use and Process your Information
d) Where we Store your Personal Information
- Opt-in / Opt-out Electronic Mail
- Your Information and Your Rights
- Data Retention
- Other Sites and Social Media
- Security of your Personal Information
- Our Philosophy on Data Protection
- Contact Us
BlueScientific Ltd are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us will be used and processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. We consider that your interest in our products and/or services, by visiting www.Blue-Scientific.com and/or by making a request for information on the products or services we offer, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the GDPR, the data controller is BlueScientific Ltd. St. John’s Innovation Centre, Cowley Rd. Cambridge, CB4 0WS.
2) Collection, Use and Processing of your Personal Information
a) How we collect your information
We collect your information when you correspond with us by telephone, e-mail, conferences, workshops, trade shows, networking events, business meetings and includes information you provide when you:
- Make a request for information or quote via the website, either ours, or one of our Principals
- Make an enquiry about any of the products or services we offer, via telephone or direct email to info@Blue-Scientific.com
- Respond to a marketing communication from us
We may also be given your name and basic contact information as a result of a referral from someone in your field, a collaborator, co-worker, or even someone in another department who is aware you may be interested in one of the products or services we offer.
b) What information we collect about you
We generally just collect your name, job title, company, or institute and contact information. Most of the information we collect is available in the public domain. Information we collect on you may be combined with information from other sources such as from your home page on the University web site, specialist directories, exhibition attendance lists, networking events etc. and used for the purposes described below. We do not collect personal sensitive data as our only interest is that relating to your professional interest in the products and services we offer. We absolutely do not collect data, specifically, but not limited to, relating to an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, marital status, age, political opinions, religious beliefs, trade union activities, physical or mental health, sexual life, or details of criminal offences and we do not collect information on children.
c) How we use and process your information
We will use and process your data on the basis of Legitimate Interests. We use your personal information to provide certain services to you including providing marketing information for you at both an individual’s request and at our instigation where we believe the information will be of real value to you. This will include applications specific information, updates on products you may have bought from us or could be interested, new products and services as well applications stories as well as information on events we are attending or hosting. Very often the material we send will be purely educational and informative, rather than sales promotional material. We will also to bring to your attention other market news/information that may be of interest to you and invite you to events..
We do not undertake any automatic processing of data and hence do not make decisions regarding candidate suitability for instance in such a way.
BlueScientific Ltd does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties, other than to update the manufacturer of equipment that you have purchased for Export Compliance reasons, to have them generate a quotation, or for forecasting and business planning purposes for example where delivery times are reduced by manufacturing to forecast.
Certain BlueScientific Ltd services and events may be co-branded and offered in conjunction with another company, such as one of our Principals (Suppliers). If you register for or use such services, both BlueScientific Ltd and the other company may receive information collected in conjunction with the co-branded services. In such cases a link to the other company’s privacy statement will be provided, which will provide you with information about how the other company will use the information and how you can contact the other company with requests to access the information or make other relevant inquiries.
d) Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you will be stored at locations within the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and will not be transferred outside the EEA unless we have your explicit consent to such transfer and storage. The sole exception to this would be where in our reporting to our Principal (Supplier), we provide your institute name, your name and information on the product you are interested in including an update on status of the sales process, timing and expected probability of success.[hr]
3) Opt-in / Opt-out Electronic Mail
Our electronic marketing mail communications with you to both market our products and services as well as providing other market related information we believe to be of value to for the reasons given above. We currently operate this on an opt-out basis. You are able to opt-out of receiving further electronic mail of the above nature via the unsubscribe feature included in all our targeted marketing communications. We are investing in changing this to an opt-in service where we will mail marketing and market information to those who have subscribed as we do not wish to send information that is not of potential value.[hr]
4) Your Information and Your Rights
You have the following rights:
- To be informed about how we obtain and use your information
- To ask for a copy of the information we hold about you
- To have your information rectified
- To ask us to restrict processing of your personal data
- To request to have your information erased (Right to be forgotten)
- To object to the processing of your information (e.g. for direct marketing purposes)
- To have information you provided to us, returned to you, or sent directly to another company in a structured and commonly used and machine readable format where technically feasible (Data Portability)
To send a request in relation to any of these rights or lodge a complaint, please submit a written request to Tom.Warwick@Blue-Scientific.com[hr]
5) Data Retention
In line with GDPR requirements we shall retain an individual’s data for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it is being processed. Our data retention policy is available on request from Tom.Warwick@Blue.Scientific.com[hr]
6) Other Sites and Social Media
7) Security of your Personal Information
We take the security of your personal information very seriously and operate against a clear and rigorous internal IT security policy. No personal data is held on our website and much of the personal data we do hold is held on a cloud database. BlueScientific Ltd maintains strict administrative, technical and physical procedures to protect information stored in our servers as do the iCloud database providers. We use industry-standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology to safeguard the account registration process and sign-up information. Other security safeguards include but are not limited to data encryption, firewalls, and physical access controls to building and files.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information and data we store rating to you. Access to your name and email address is restricted to the employees of BlueScientific Ltd.
While we implement safeguards designed to protect your information, no security system is impenetrable and due to the inherent nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that data, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, is absolutely safe from intrusion by others.[hr]
8) Our Philosophy on Data Protection
In addition to meeting the requirements of the GDPR:
- We have appointed one of our executive team into the role of data protection officer to ensure that this matter is taken seriously across the whole business and on a continuous basis
- Everyone handling personal information understands that they are responsible for following good data protection practice, is appropriately trained to do so and is appropriately supervised
- Individuals rights will be promptly and courteously dealt with
- We have regular reviews of the way we collect, use and process personal data and will constantly look to uphold to the highest standards the rights and freedoms of the individuals whose data we collect, use and process
- Appropriate records of processing records are maintained
- Methods of handling personal information are regularly assessed and evaluated, particularly if new processing takes place or if processing is deemed to present a risk to the rights and freedoms of individuals;
- Any breach of personal data will be immediately reported to the ICO and data subjects where necessary
10) Contact Us
We take your privacy and protection of your personal information very seriously. If you have any questions, comments or queries about the way we are collecting or using your personal information then please contact the Data Protection Officer at BlueScientific: Tom Warwick, Director, BlueScientific Ltd, St. John’s Innovations Centre, Cowley Rd, Cambridge CB4 0WS, +44 (0)1223 422269[hr]
- Cookies that we use
- Cookies used by our service providers
- Managing cookies
2) Cookies that we use
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
4) Cookies used by our Service Providers
By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
5) Managing cookies
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can however obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Opera: http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
- Edge: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.