Ion microprobe for geochronology
The CAMECA KLEORA is a large geometry SIMS system for advanced U-Th-Pb mineral dating.
Based on Established Technology
KLEORA is based on CAMECA’s IMS 1300-HR³ large geometry ion microprobe. The system has been fully optimised for geochronology with just the features you need for mineral dating. Just like the IMS 1300-HR³, the system gives you High Reproducibility, High spatial Resolution and High mass Resolution. It can be upgraded to the full IMS 1300-HR³ at any time.
All Areas of Geochronology
The full range of geochronological applications is covered, from precise age determination of zircon to dating of other U-rich minerals such as rutile or baddeleyite.
Contact us for more information and quotes:
+44 (0)1223 422 269 or email@example.com
KLEORA can be upgraded to the full IMS 1300-HR³ at any time.
- Benchmark precision: Better than 0.3% (2σ) for age precision in 91500 standard zircon.
- High through-put: Around 5 analyses per hour for U-Pb spot
testing. Automated features for unattended operation.
- High lateral resolution: Small spot size with high beam density – tens of micron beam size with > 100 mA/cm2 density, down to 0.5μm with > 10 mA/cm2
- Sub-micron lateral resolution for microscope mode, and better than 0.5μm for scanning ion imaging
- Optimized depth profiling with high sputtering rate, excellent
sensitivity and dynamic range
- Easy to use with PC-controlled sample changing and height
- Dedicated geochronology software including data reduction, imaging and data processing
- Fast installation typically commissioned in <6 weeks, arriving pre-tuned from the factory
- Low running costs with limited consumables and low-maintenance RF-plasma source
- Geochronology standard samples included