Cut Brittle Materials for TEM Sample Preparation
The Gatan Ultrasonic Cutter cuts holes, shapes and TEM discs from hard and brittle materials, including semiconductors, ceramics and geological materials.
- Shape size: <1 – 10 mm
- Material thickness: <0.04 to 5 mm
- Minimal mechanical and thermal damage, with a manually tuned frequency driver to optimise the cutting speed.
- Minimised sample damage and edge chips, with a spring-loaded platform and magnetically-held table to prevent lateral movement.
- Position your sample precisely using an integrated stereo microscope and X,Y table.
A range of round and rectangular cutting tools is available for all standard TEM applications, as well as specialist shapes and forms.
Contact us for more information and quotes:
+44 (0)1223 422 269 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The method proven as most effective method for cutting brittle materials is mechanically coupling a piezo crystal to a shaped tubular cutting tool. A variable frequency driver delivers the ultimate in cutting performance, for every cutting tool, size or shape.
A specimen mounting hot plate is recommended to secure materials while they are cut. Low melting point wax holds materials safely and securely for you.
- Precision ion polishing system (PIPS™)
- Liquid nitrogen (LN2) cold stage, PIPS sample cooling option
- Low energy option, PIPS upgrade kit
- MetEtch tool
- High resolution ion beam coater (IBC)
- Precision etching and coating system (PECS™)
- Solarus® advanced plasma cleaning system
- Disc punch
- Disc grinder
- Dimple grinder