3D Reconstruction Module
Align and reconstruct 3D tilt series
Gatan’s 3D Reconstruction software enables you to align 2D projections from 3D tomography software and use them to generate a 3D volume.
- Manual and automatic tilt series alignment
- Sub-pixel accuracy
- Assisted tilt axis location determination
- Multiple reconstruction algorithms including:
- Weighted back projection (WBP)
- Simultaneous iterative reconstruction technique (SIRT)
- Memory conserving versions of WBP and SIRT
- Sub-volume reconstruction
- Live updates during reconstruction
3D Tomography Videos
Below is a comparison of reconstruction algorithms from simulated data. The left image is the original object: a cube. Projections were generated from -60 to +60 degrees at 1 degree intervals. The middle image shows the cube reconstructed using weighted back projection. The right image shows the reconstruction using 20 iterations of the SIRT algorithm. The blue and red levels correspond to 30% and 60% of the maximum level in the reconstruction.