Fourier optics simulation and off-axis hologram processing
HoloWorks is a plug-in for Gatan Microscopy Suite: DigitalMicrograph, for Fourier optics off-axis hologram data processing and simulation. It can be used live, on-line and off-line. HoloWorks v5 has a number of updates from the previous version, making it a simple but powerful software package for off-axis holography:
- View live phase, amplitude and intensity images at several frames per second
- Correct images live for isoplanatic aberrations
- Live phase unwrapping
- Live fringe contrast, hologram quality and biprism drift measurements – with line-plot display to optimise fringe contrast and hologram quality
- Thickness determination (using holography’s characteristics as perfect inelastic particle filter) and embedded, extensive list (>90 elements/compounds) of known mean inner potential values
- Live data cube acquisition and processing for > 2π/100 phase resolution
- Accurate diffraction peak evaluation
- Reproducible data and processing – all steps and parameters are tracked
- Over 70 additional scripting functions for Fourier optics and data tracking
The output of any HoloWorks function can be used as live input for another function.
The software has been developed with a focus on hands-on Fourier optics teaching in the classroom. Most features of modern microscopes are supported, including changing focus, introducing astigmatism and spherical aberration, numerical apertures and dark field imaging.
HoloWorks is designed for multi-core processing and uses independent threads where possible. This means the workload can be spread over different cores easily.
Please note that HoloWorks version 5 is not to be used for light-optical semiconductor or reticle defect detection or inspection.
Improvements in Version 5
- Seamless integration with Gatan Microscopy Suite.
- Status displayed for live menu items:
- When an image is being updated or changed
- When a selection in the image ha sbeen moved
- Embedded functions to build your own holographic script. This saves time from rewriting hundreds or thousands of lines of code.
- Fourier algorithm supported for non-power-of-two and non-square images. This stops non-square images and selections becoming skewed and enables you to view symmetry features.
- Reconstructs scale independent off-axis holograms and corrects aberrations for a large scale range from meters to picometers.
- Continuous data acquisition – data is coped into a data cube. This improves data averaging via drift compensation for holograms and more.
- Fringe and target movements are compensated with sub-pixel fringe accuracy. This compensates for drift at high magnifications.