NanoWizard ULTRA Speed 2
Fast, high resolution AFM with advanced bio-imaging features
The Bruker JPK NanoWizard ULTRA Speed 2 reaches speeds previously unattainable with traditional AFMs.
- Fast imaging at 10 frames per second
- Bruker’s exclusive PeakForce Tapping as standard for high resolution imaging
- Automated mapping and tiling for large areas
- Tip-scanning design for integration with optical microscopy and precise overlays for correlative microscopy
- Low noise levels and fast signal processing
- Flexible system with a wide range of modes, accessories and upgrade options
Available with an optional, fully integrated with a Cytosurge FluidFM for single cell adhesion and injection, spotting, nano-printing, colloidal force spectroscopy and more. More details…
Contact us for more information and quotes:
+44 (0)1223 422 269 or email@example.com
Stable Imaging at High Resolution
The NanoWizard ULTRA Speed 2 has the lowest noise and highest stability available, for true atomic resolution. Direct force control at ultra-low forces prevents damage, protecting your samples and probes. State-of-the-art position sensor technology gives you high accuracy and precision.
In the video below, a DNA molecule was imaged in liquid over 400 consecutive scans. This illustrates the low invasiveness and stability (rate 10 frames/sec). With conventional AFM (4 lines/sec), this experiment would have taken over 2 hours.
Variations in Height up to 8µm
Dynamic experiments on living cells, highly corrugated samples and steep surface structures has typically been a challenge in AFM. JPK’s new NestedScanner technology can rapidly scan cells, bacteria and structured surfaces with samples heights up to 8µm.
- Observe sample dynamics in real-time at high resolution
- Image corrugated and higher surfaces
- Combine AFM and optical fluorescence microscopy for multi-parametric in-situ experiments
- Probe more sample positions faster
For Samples of Varying Thickness
In the example below, thin film of biodegradable polyester polycaprolactone (PCL) was imaged during melting and crystallisation, while ramping the temperature from 33°C up to 62°C and back down. A speed of 225 µm/sec was maintained throughout the entire temperature cycle. NestedScanner technology handled the variation of the thickness of the film during swelling and contraction (a variation of 2.5µm). Left: Topography z-range 60 nm, right: phase z-range 25 degrees.
The NanoWizard ULTRA Speed 2 can be integrated with:
- Super-resolution technologies, including Nobel prize-winning STED and PALM/ STORM
- Single molecule techniques eg FRET, FCS, FLIM, TIRF for additional optical data sets from dynamic experiments on living cells and molecules.
- Advanced optical techniques eg confocal, spinning disc and structured illumination techniques (SIM), with live cell imaging for medical, biophysical, chemical and materials research.
- New SECM option – more details…
AFM and optical data are correlated directly using JPK’s DirectOverlay 2 software. The latest version features enhanced calibration and visualisation routines, together with an improved interface for simpler workflows.
The NanoWizard ULTRA Speed 2 comes with more accessories and modes than any other AFM platform, so it can be adapted to suit a wide range of applications. Contact us for details of what’s available for your area of research.
- TopViewOptics module for opaque samples (suitable for inverted microscopes)
- Head-up stage for tall samples up to 14cm
- QI mode for fast quantitative mapping
- Single molecule force spectroscopy
- Single cell force spectroscopy
- StretchingStage for observing changes under a mechanical load
- Conductive AFM module with enclosed volume
- KPM module with enclosed volume
- STM module
- EFM module with enclosed volume
- High-voltage piezoresponse module microscopy (PFM) module
- Electrochemistry cell
- Photoconductive AFM
- SECM option (Scanning Electrochemical Microscopy)
- Gas, fluids and humidity
- Harsh environments
- Sensitive, live biological samples
- Glovebox package
- Heating stage for ambient to up to 300°C
- Heating Cooling Module for -35°C to 120°C
- CryoStage for -120°C to 220°C
- Cantilever holders
- Coverslip holder
- Electrochemistry cell
- Petri dish heater and holder