Bruker Webinar: Automated Mineral Analysis with Micro-XRF 15/12/16
Automated Mineral Analysis with Micro-XRF
Join Bruker for a webinar about automated mineral analysis using micro-XRF on Thursday 15th December 2016. The webinar will be presented twice at different times (details below). The webinar will cover automated identification and quantification of minerals and synthetic phases, using the Bruker M4 TORNADO and AMICS software.
Blue Scientific is the official distributor of Bruker Micro-XRF in the UK and Nordic region (Switzerland, Iceland, Norway, Denmark and Finland). For more information or quotes please get in touch:
Bruker M4 TORNADO Micro-XRF
Contact us on 01223 422 269 or email@example.com
AMICS: Mineral Analysis Software
AMICS (Advanced Mineral Identification and Characterisation System) is Bruker’s software automated identification and quantification of minerals and synthetic phases.
AMICS features innovative imaging and analysis software capabilities. Until now, AMICS has been used with Bruker’s QUANTAX energy dispersive X-ray spectrometers (EDS) and SEM scanning electron microscopes, as an automated mineral analyser and reporting system.
With a recent update, AMICS can now be used with the M4 TORNADO micro-XRF spectrometer. This creates the world’s first automated mineral analyser based on X-ray fluorescence technology. The webinar will explain how it works and the data it can provide.
At the end of the webinar there will be a question and answer session.
- Gerda Gloy – Application Specialist, Bruker Nano Analytics
- Max Patzschke – Application Specialist, Bruker Nano Analytics
- Sam Scheller – Senior Product Manager, Bruker Nano Analytics
Who Should Attend?
- Specialists working in process mineralogy who are looking for fast, automated and high volume mineral phase identification
- Researchers in geoscience
Register for the Webinar
The live webinar will be on Thursday 15th December 2016. There will be two sessions, both with the same content.
The date of this webinar has now passed.
Can’t attend the live webinar? Register for the on-demand version and you’ll receive a link to watch it later at a time that suits you.
About the M4 TORNADO
The Bruker M4 TORNADO is a versatile micro-XRF spectrometer for multi-element analysis and mapping (Na to Am).
- Highly sensitive: 1-2 orders of magnitude greater than EDX
- Minimal or no sample prep
- Analyse inhomogeneous samples and irregular shapes
- Fast elemental mapping with <20μm spatial resolution
Application note: Elemental distribution analysis on geological samples with the M4 TORNADO