Job Vacancy: Field Service Engineer (UK)
As a territory-based Field Service Engineer, you are responsible for installation, service & support of certain products within the company’s portfolio of scientific instrumentation across UK & Ireland.
UK & Ireland, occasional travel to central and northern Europe.
Preference for Macclesfield area (commuting distance to company offices at Alderley Park), howeve as the role is field-based, we are also open to remote / home office within the UK.
Examples of Products
Scanning Electron Microscopes (SEM), X-ray micro CT / X-ray Microscopes (XRM)
Key responsibilities within the role include:
- Installation and commissioning of new instruments at customer sites.
- Training users on basic operation of instruments.
- Planning & carrying out onsite scheduled routine preventative maintenance.
- Responding to customer service calls, which will have been logged via our service centre initially, providing telephone, e-mail, and remote online technical support as required.
- When necessary, visiting customer sites to carry out further diagnostics and repair work to return customer systems to good working order.
- Documentation of all related service jobs in our CRM-system.
- Ensure that our customers receive all relevant documentation after a job is completed.
- Liaising with the instruments manufacturers to expedite the resolution of all customer service issues as quickly as possible.
- Participate in mandatory service trainings on site at our various principals’ factories.
- Background in electrical, mechanical engineering or physical sciences is highly desirable
- Familiarity with X-ray and electron beam techniques is desirable
- Strong interest and ideally hands-on experience with scientific instrumentation
- Knowledge of electrical and mechanical principals
- Strong communications skills in English
- Highly self-motivated and able to work independently to meet agreed deadlines
- Prepared to travel according to customer and company needs
- Ability to independently plan customer visits and travel
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with a strong positive “can do” attitude
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Current / prior experience in servicing scientific instruments is an advantage
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and bonus, commensurate with experience o Typical base salary range £28,000 – £45,000 pa plus performance related bonus
- Company car, or equivalent car allowance
- Pension scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
About BlueScientific:Established in 2013, BlueScientific Ltd is a distributor of scientific instruments for a number of the World’s leading manufacturers, including Bruker, Ametek and Thermo Fisher. We provide both sales and technical support for academic and industrial customers across a range of markets with geographic coverage throughout the UK, Ireland and the Nordic region. We are an ambitious, dynamic and fast-growing business, and offer a supportive work environment for our employees, with excellent opportunities for career development. The ethos of the company, which operates under strong ethical terms, is one of developing our personnel, with coaching, training and career growth opportunities as well as empowering them to be able to give great customer service. BlueScientific offers a flexible position in a dynamic work environment, together with a highly competitive benefits package.
Equal OpportunitiesWe are committed to equal opportunities for our staff and do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender, gender identity, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation or any other factor irrelevant to a person’s work.
Full details are available in the job description:
How to Apply
Send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, please get in touch. No agencies please.