Webinar: Restricted Element Screening in Quality Control with Micro-XRF 03/11/16
Screening for Restricted Elements with the Bruker M1 MISTRAL Micro-XRF Spectrometer
Join Bruker for a live webinar on Thursday 3rd November 2016 about detecting restricted elements with micro-XRF. Screen for contaminants and trace elements in quality control, using a fast and cost-effective method.
Blue Scientific is the exclusive distributor of Bruker Micro-XRF in the UK. If you have any questions or if you’d like more information about this method, please get in touch:
Contact us on +44 (0)1223 422 269 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Bruker M1 Mistral
Detecting Restricted Elements with Micro-XRF
Ensure RoHS compliance and detect restricted and heavy elements with micro-XRF analysis. Screening provides accurate data about the elemental composition of materials, and is a fast, cost-effective alternative to methods such as ICP-MS. Analysis is contactless and non-destructive.
The presentation will provide an overview of how to detect contaminants and trace elements in industrial quality control, relevant to a variety of industries including electronics, consumer goods and healthcare.
Example measurements will be performed using the Bruker M1 MISTRAL, a compact, easy-to-use system.
- All sample types – Virtually any type of sample can be tested, with any density. The webinar will explain particular considerations for special types of samples, with real-life examples. This will include correction for sample thickness when measuring low density samples.
- Measure an area of interest rather than the whole sample, with a small spot size.
- Automated workflows for quality control; Systematically screen the entire surface, or measure multiple samples at once to save time.
- Alternative to ICP-MS – Micro-XRF is fast and cost-effective, to speed up your screening process and limit the use of more costly methods such as ICP-MS.
At the end of the webinar there will be a short Q&A session to discuss your queries with the speakers.
Who Should Attend?
- Quality control specialists checking incoming materials and final products for restricted elements (eg consumer goods, healthcare, electronic waste)
- Regulatory agencies
- Falk Reinhardt – Micro-XRF Application Scientist, Bruker Nano Analytics
- Robert Erler – Micro-XRF Product Manager, Bruker Nano Analytics
Register for the Webinar
The date of the webinar has now passed