Nanoparticle Characterisation – Challenges for the Community – 04/07/16
Nanoparticle Characterisation – Challenges for the Community
Monday 4th July 2016, Institute of Physics, London
Visit us at Nanoparticle Characterisation – Challenges for the Community, a one day conference organised by the IOP (Institute of Physics) Materials and Characterisation Group. The event will consist of presentations from experts in manufacturing and characterisation. It is designed for anyone involved in nanotechnology with an interest, but not necessarily expertise, in nanomaterial characterisation.
View our instruments
Contact us on +44 (0)1223 422 269 or email@example.com
As nanotechnology becomes a mainstream discipline, there is an important challenge of characterising both starting material and that produced during the lifetime of a product. Characterisation is an essential requirement for product and process development, quality control and health and safety.
There are many tools available for characterising materials, which can provide vital insights and information about the nanoscale. The conference will cover solid state physical and chemical characterisation techniques. There will be discussions about the gap between what is theoretically possible and more practical issues, potential artefacts and future requirements.
- 09:30 – Registration and refreshments
- Scale-Up and Atomic-Scale Imaging of Size-Selected Reference Nanoparticles
Professor Richard Palmer, University of Birmingham
- Industrial Characterisation of Nanoparticles: Processes, Problems and Potential Solutions
Kelly Warner, BBI Solutions
- Measuring nanoparticle properties: are we high and dry or all at sea?
Dr Caterina Minelli, National Physical Laboratory
- Dr David Scurr, University of Nottingham
- Lunch, posters and competition judging
- Dr Robert Harniman, University of Bristol
- Chady Stephan, Perkin Elmer, Toronto
- Nanoparticles: What do we need to know and can we measure everything we need to?
Professor Pete Dobson, University of Oxford, Warwick Manufacturing Group
- Refreshments and panel discussion
- 16:30 – Poster prize award and concluding remarks
This event has now passed. If you would like more information about our instruments for nanoparticle characterisation, please contact us on 01223 422 269 or firstname.lastname@example.org