Bruker EIGER2 R 500K XRD Detector
The Bruker EIGER2 R 500K is a powerful detector that speeds up and extends the capabilities of Bruker XRD systems. Watch a recorded 30 minute webinar from Bruker for a quick introduction to the new technology.
UPDATE: There’s now an extra addition to the EIGER2 R detector family: the EIGER2 R 250K – details here…
Blue Scientific is the official distributor of Bruker XRD in Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Iceland and Finland. If you have any questions or if you’d like a quote, please get in touch:
Recorded webinar & slides
Contact us on 01223 422 269 or email@example.com
EIGER2 R 500K: Not Your Typical Jack of All Trades
The EIGER2 R 500K detector breaks the paradigm that “versatility comes at the cost of performance”. This 15 minute webinar will discuss the impact that the EIGER2 has had in the XRD community, with examples from various areas of materials research.
After the presentation, there will be an interactive question and answer session, giving you the opportunity to ask any questions.
Watch a recorded webinar on Bruker’s website. You can also download the slides for reference:
EIGER 2K 500K XRD Detector
The EIGER2 is a Hybrid Photon Counting (HPC) pixel detector developed by DECTRIS, a leader in HPC detector technology. In collaboration with Bruker, the 2D detector seamlessly integrates into the Bruker D8 ADVANCE and D8 DISCOVER XRD systems.
This gives you a distinctive set of benefits for XRD:
- High frame rate for 2D data collection in continuous scanning mode
- Single photon counting without spatial distortion
- Highest count rates and dynamic range
- Switch between 0D, 1D and 2D mode
The detector is suitable for applications including:
- Powder diffraction (XRPD)
- Micro diffraction (µXRD)
- Texture and residual stress analysis
- Crystallite size determination
- Thin film analysis with X-ray reflectometry (XRR) – more info
- High-resolution diffraction (HRXRD)
- Small angle X-ray scattering (SAXS and GISAXS)
Example: Powder XRD vs micro-diffraction in geology
Blue Scientific is the official Nordic distributor of Bruker XRD and we’re available for quotes or to help with any queries you have.