MIDSEM 2017 – 07/06/17
Visit us at MIDSEM 2017 (Midlands SEM Users Meeting) on Wednesday 7th June 2017 at the University of Birmingham, hosted by the Midland Microanalysis Users Group (MMUG).
View our instruments
Contact us on 01223 422 269 or firstname.lastname@example.org
MIDSEM 2017 is a meeting for SEM users featuring:
- Programme of talks from invited speakers
- Trade forum with news of new applications in SEM
- Trade exhibition from the major companies involved in SEM, analysis, service and consumables.
All are welcome to attend, including academics, students and interested commercial parties. Registration is free and a buffet lunch is provided.
The venue is Building G6 in Metallurgy and Materials at the University of Birmingham. Directions are available on the university’s website.
Wednesday 7th June 2017
09.30 Arrival, registration and coffee
10.00 Welcome – Dr. Yu Lung Chiu, University of Birmingham
Morning Session – chaired by Dr. Hiroto Kitaguchi
- Dr. Chris Parmenter, The Nottingham Nanoscale and Microscale Research Centre
Cryo-FIB-SEM – Developing tools for the future of soft-matter imaging
- Dr. Klaus Futterer, School of Biosciences University of Birmingham
Structural biology and cryo-EM – new opportunities for learning how biology works
- Trade Forum:
Agar Scientific Ltd, Tim Ecclestone
ISS Group, Dr. Jeremy Rees
Jeol UK Ltd, Jason Dalby
Lunch and Trade Exhibition
Afternoon session – chaired by Dr. Bo Pang
- Dr. Sabrina Yan, Department of Materials, Loughborough University
Characterisation of 9Cr steel
- Dr. Kee Hyun Kim, Dept. of Metallurgy and Materials, University of Birmingham
Microstructural investigation of surface defect grains in Ni-based single crystal super-alloys
3:00 Tea and close
Attendance is free; if you will be attending please register so the venue can confirm numbers. To register, email Paul Stanley at the University of Birmingham email@example.com
Blue Scientific at MIDSEM 2017
Visit our stand to find out about our instruments for microscopy.[hr]