New Gatan BioContinuum HD Imaging Filter
Gatan’s best-in-class BioContinuum imaging filter for cryo-EM is now available with EELS and EFTEM capabilities.
Gatan BioContinuum HD
The new Gatan BioContinuum HD is the only full-featured, post-column imaging and energy filter. It provides zero-loss filtering to improve the contrast of TEM images in both life and material science applications.
There’s also the option to add features for acquiring EELS (Electron Energy Loss Spectroscopy) and EFTEM (Energy-Filtered Transmission Electron Microscopy) data.
It’s compatible with most TEMs from Thermo Fisher, JEOL and Hitachi.
The BioContinuum HD combines several powerful technologies from Gatan:
- Latest generation GIF electron optics.
- K3 camera with direct detection technology.
- World-class EELS and EFTEM acquisition and analysis software.
The BioContinuum HD is optimised for:
- Cryo-EM (cryo-electron microscopy)
- Cryo-ET (cryo-electron tomography)
- Low-dose STEM spectrum imaging
Gain insights into the atomic structure of biological macromolecules and disease progression at the molecular level, and broaden your research to applications at the convergence of life and material science.
It also works with Thermo Scientific EPU software, Thermo Scientific Tomography software, Serial EM and Leginion for traditional life science data collection.
The BioContinuum imaging filter is now available in two different models:
- BioContinuum – Details here
- BioContinuum HD – Has the option for EELS, EFTEM and an Integrated BF/DF detector for STEM imaging.
Gatan offers the most stable optics available. ZLP positioning delivers consistent data quality without downtime.
Cutting-edge aberration correction reduces image and energy distortion for uniform imaging over the entire field of view.
High Quality, High-Throughput Direct Detection Imaging
- Highest DQE and widest operating voltage range: Acquire data at the highest resolutions from 80 – 300 kV.
- Fast data collection at >600 movies per hour.
- Large field of view: Ideal for single particle analysis and understanding the wider biological context in cryo-ET.
This video explains the principle of electron counting and how it enables the Gatan K3 camera to deliver the highest-resolution results for single particle cryo-EM:
Easy to Use
Gatan’s DigitalMicrograph, Latitude and AutoFilter software is straightforward and easy to use, while still giving you full power and flexibility.
Tuning and alignment are performed with one button, using smart algorithms. This speeds up the process and makes optics alignment a much simpler process.
Blue Scientific is the official distributor of Gatan systems for TEM and SEM in the Nordic region (Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Iceland and Norway. We’re available to answer all your questions – just get in touch: