Renishaw InVia InSpect: Raman Microscope for Forensic Trace Analysis
The Renishaw inVia InSpect is a new version of Renishaw’s inVia confocal Raman microscope, optimised specifically for use in forensic laboratories for trace chemical analysis.
Blue Scientific is the official distributor for Renishaw Raman in Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland and Iceland. For more information or quotes, please get in touch.
Renishaw InVia InSpect
Contact us on +44 (0)1223 422 269 or email@example.comFollow @blue_scientific
The Renishaw InVia InSpect Raman microscope complements the wide range of analytical systems and microscopes in the forensic lab. It can be used alone to analyse samples that cannot be examined fully using other techniques, or it can also be used together with other microscopic imaging techniques to provide more detailed chemical information about the evidence.
Why use Raman?
The inVia InSpect can identify materials that would be difficult or time consuming to analyse using other methods. For example, hard crystalline powders, ceramic shards and glass chips can all be analysed easily without preparation.
The powerful confocal Raman capabilities deliver pinpoint analysis without interference from surrounding materials. This is important for analysing complex structures containing layers, voids or inclusions.
Ideal for Forensics
Raman spectroscopy is a non-contact and typically non-destructive analytical technique. This enables you to analyse evidence multiple times without damage or contamination.
Little or no sample preparation is required, making it a quick and convenient technique to use.
Raman spectroscopy also works through transparent containers and in solution, so samples that are potentially dangerous or require special handling can be examined safely and without contamination.
Features of the InVia InSpect
- Automated data collection and analysis – Saving time and increasing throughput of samples
- Range of microscopic contrast techniques – including bright field, dark field and polarisation contrast
- Integrated video camera and long working distance objectives – Locate points/areas of interest, even on complex substrates
- Fully integrated confocal capability – Choose the best confocal settings to precisely define the region you’re looking at.
- Powerful chemical image creation – Mapping techniques to reveal the distribution of components within a sample.
- Particle analysis – Advanced image recognition algorithms and instrument control features to characterise particle distribution.
- Correlative imaging – Import data from other microscopy techniques to create composite images rich in information.
- Dual laser wavelengths – Choose the wavelength which gives the best Raman data for each sample type, without changing optics or gratings.
- Automated calibration and alignment – Easy to use and optimise
- Options for specialist forensics applications – Tailor the system to your exact requirements with accessories and upgrades. Contact us for details.
Blue Scientific is the official distributor of Renishaw Raman in the Nordic region. We’re available to answer all your questions – just get in touch: