Bruker AFM Workshop at Nanoscience Days 2017 – 04/10/17
Come to our Bruker AFM Workshop at Nanoscience Days Wednesday 4th October 2017 from 2:00-6:00pm at the University of Jyväskylä.
Bruker AFM Workshop
Find out about the latest developments in AFM (Atomic Force Microscopy) technology from Dr. Samuel Lesko, Bruker Nano Surface’s EMEA Application Manager. The workshop is in collaboration with Nanoscience Days at University of Jyväskylä.
Bruker’s exclusive PeakForce Tapping is the most significant scientific breakthrough in AFM technology since the introduction of TappingMode. It provides unprecedented high-resolution imaging, extends AFM measurements into a range of samples not previously accessed, and uniquely enables simultaneous nanoscale property mapping.
Come and see for yourself!
- 14.00 – Welcome and outline
- 14.15 – Latest developments in AFM technology
- 15.30 – Introduction to Bruker’s Dimension Icon
- 16.00 – Hands-on session: your opportunity to try out PeakForce Tapping and simultaneous property mapping
- 18.00 – Close
The Bruker AFM Workshop is free to attend, but registration is required as spaces are limited:
Nanoscience Days will be held on the 3rd – 4th October 2017 in Jyväskylä, Finland. The event has been running for over 10 years. It provides an interdisciplinary forum for presenting and discussing fundamental and technological developments.
High-profile plenary speakers will present a wider overview of the field and their recent results. The seminars will include a balance of new results, emerging trends and perspectives in the field of nanoscience and nanotechnology. Nanoscience Days provides an opportunity to share research findings with a wide audience from all the fields within nanoscience, promote knowledge exchange and network.
Nanoscience Days is aimed at a wide range of audience, including chemists, physicists, biologists and other researchers in this this diverse and multidisciplinary field.
As well as talks, the conference also features:
- Poster session with more than 50 posters
- Bruker AFM worshop
- Industrial exhibition
- Conference dinner
- Prof. Thomas Baumert (University of Kassel, Germany)
- Prof. Thomas Ebbesen (University of Strasbourg, France)
- Prof. Makoto Fujita (University of Tokyo, Japan)
- Dr. Gerrit Groenhof (University of Jyväskylä, Finland)
- Dr. Ivan Huc (IECB, Bordeaux, France)
- Dr. Shahal Ilani (Weizmann Institute, Rehovot, Israel)
- Dr. Elijah Petersen (NIST, Gaithersburg, United States)
- Prof. Milo Shaffer (Imperial College, London, United Kingdom)
- Prof. Hiroaki Suga (University of Tokyo, Japan)
- Dr. Joel Ullom (NIST, Boulder, United States)
Nanoscience Days Registration
The date of this event has now passed. For more information about our instruments please get in touch.[hr]
Bruker Dimension Icon
Powerful, flexible large sample Atomic Force Microscope:
- High performance on a broad range of applications
- Full range of AFM modes
- Quantitative nanoscale material property mapping
- Simultaneous nanoscale imaging and nanomechanical analysis